The Flinders Archaeology and History Society (ArcHSoc) is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to enhancing the experience of Flinders’ archaeology and history students and to broadening the understanding of archaeology and heritage among the student body. As we know, to succeed in archaeology you need to be proficient in volunteering, networking and teamwork. ArcHSoc strives to facilitate the development of these skills through a range of social networking and professional development events. We have pub crawls, pub nights, monthly BBQs, an annual quiz night, training days, community days, seminars and subsidised volunteer opportunities. Being part of ArcHSoc will benefit you and make your time at university much more pleasant and rewarding.
2021 ArcHSoc Committee
Positions are still open in the 2021 ArcHSoc Committee! ArcHSoc welcomes applicants from all levels of experience and education, with the only requirement for acceptance into the 2021 committee being enthusiasm. A full list of our available positions can be found on the following page:
To seek more information, or to express an interest in an open position, please contact us through our website.
The purpose of the society is to contribute to the social networking and professional development of Flinders archaeology and history students by:
- hosting social and academic events throughout the academic year;
- facilitating student networking amongst other students and professionals;
- promoting student attendance at conferences;
- promoting the Flinders University Departments of Archaeology and History and their staff, students and associates;
- promoting ethical approaches and best practice procedures in archaeology; and
- engaging the wider community with archaeology in interactive and informative ways.